Amidst growing concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), we wanted to let you know how GNBC is responding. We have cancelled all GNBC ministries and activities; ie Sunday School classes, Wednesday services including AWANA and Youth, and Sunday Worship.
Pastor William will still be giving sermons on Sunday that you can watch the on Facebook starting at 10:55 A.M. He will also be holding a Bible study lesson every Wednesday at 6:15 P.M. on Facebook as well.
To err on the side of caution, and to go along with the state of emergency that was recently declared, we will maintain these cancellations in tandem with the Virginia Beach Public School System.
Until further notice, limited office hours will be maintained. If you wish to drop off a giving check or need to come to the church for anything, please call first before (757) 481-1573 to ensure that someone is at the church. Otherwise, visit our e-giving tab at the top of the page for instructions on how you can give online.
Here is what you can do:
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and immediately dispose of it in the trash.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom, before eating, and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay home if you are sick and seek medical care.
- In compliance with the CDC After-Travel Health Precautions, we ask If you have traveled from China, Iran, Italy or South Korea in the last 14 days to please stay home.
Thank you for your grace and patience as we work through the event. Please pray that God will use this time to minister to and encourage the hearts of men and women.
For more information and precautions on COVID-19, please visit the CDC website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19): Steps to Prevent Illness.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your deacon or the office for further updates throughout the week.
Love in Christ,
Pastor William Colvin